Press Release - July 13, 2016
Registration for Coweta Schools available before start of 2016-17 school year
With the new school year beginning Friday, August 5, parents of students who will be new the Coweta County School System are urged to register their students at the school system’s Central Registration Center.
The Center – located at 167 Werz Industrial Boulevard in Newnan (770-254-5551) – is enrolling students for all grades throughout the summer.
All registrations are on a walk-in basis. Through July 22, office hours are Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m.to 4:30 p.m.. Starting July 25, office hours will return to Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Parents whose children are new to Coweta schools next year are urged to enroll early, to avoid long lines in the days before school starts. Enrolling a child for school is a three-step process:
Step 1: Complete an online pre-registration form, which can be found on the school system’s website at www.cowetaschools.net. Online pre-registration may be completed at home, or at kiosks available at the Werz Industrial Drive office.
Step 2: Gather the required registration documents for your child’s appointment (see below, or call the center at 770-254-5551 for more information).
Step 3: Visit the Center at 167 Werz Industrial Boulevard (rear entrance). Documentation required for registration includes:
- Birth Certificate (for the student being enrolled) – A state-issued, certified copy is required (hospital certificates are not accepted).
- Social Security Card (for the student being enrolled)
- Proof of Residence – two (2) items from the following list are required for address verification:
- Mortgage documents or a security deed which indicates the location of the residence;
- Apartment or home lease or rent receipt indicating the current address;
- Current electrical bill or an approved application for electrical service showing the current address (please bring the entire bill, to show electrical service and address);
- Property tax records which indicate the location of the residence;
- Voter precinct identification card or other voter documentation indicating the current address.
- State ID or Drivers License – Must be current (not expired). Students may only be registered by a biological parent or legal guardian. Proof of custody or guardianship is required if the registering adult is not the birth parent.
- Immunization Certificate – Georgia Department of Human Resources (DHR) immunization certificate form 3231 or a signed 30-day waiver. For students new to Georgia, a 90-day waiver can be issued at the time of student registration.
- Hearing-Dental-Vision - Nutritional Certificate on Georgia Form 3300 or a signed 90-day waiver.
Immunization and Hearing-Dental-Vision certificates can be obtained from the Coweta County Health Department (770-254-7400), or from a family physician. Short-term waivers issued to students new to Georgia during registration will allow parents time to obtain the certificates, but students may be withdrawn if the certificates are not filed by the end of the waiver period.
Students already enrolled in a Coweta County School System Pre-Kindergarten class during the 2016-17 school year do not need to register again to enter Kindergarten.
Students must attend the school for which their home is districted. To find out what elementary school district serves an address, call the Coweta County School System Transportation Department at 770-254-2820.
The Coweta County School System’s Central Registration Center is registering students throughout the summer before the start of school on Friday, August 5.