Please contact the MTSS coordinator for your school for further questions regarding the Multi Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) which involves the response to intervention (RTI) process and student support team (SST) at Tier III.
- Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) is a framework for RTI that has been specifically designed for all students. It serves to support and organize the processes already in place and to provide structure for additional student supports.
- MTSS supports four core beliefs:
- Every child learns and achieves to high standards
- Learning includes academic and social competencies
- Every member of the education community continues to grow, learn and reflect
- Every leader at all levels are responsible for every student
- Georgia is in the process of moving from the Pyramid of Intervention model to a Multi-tiered Systems of Support framework. MTSS is a three tier (level) framework.
Understanding MTSS Parent Brochure