The goal of the Media Center is to support teachers in their instruction and help students "acquire the skills, understandings, and attitudes which will promote sound character, responsible citizenship, intellectual sufficiency, and personal fulfillment in our ever-changing technological society" (School Board Policies LBOE, IFBD/IF, IF)
Students may come to the Media Center before or after school with out a pass. During lunch students must sign in and remain for the entire lunch period. No food or drink, including water, is allowed in the Media Center. Students wishing to eat should do so in the cafeteria, then come to the M.C. During class time students must have a pass from their teacher with the following: name, date, time and assignment. Students must sign in and out when in the M.C. during regular class time. All students must report back to their class for dismissal.
Gale Virtual Reference Library is a single source for eReference aimed at the needs of students, researchers, professionals and general readers. We now offer 15 sets which include authoritative, full-text titles—from Gale and a host of premier publishing partners. A vibrant engaging user experience and user-focused navigation encourages researchers to stay longer, search deeper and find what they need faster. Features and functionalities include:
- Eye-catching book covers to engage users
- View your eBooks on your iPad
- An interactive online book experience with two-page view and page flipper
- Cross-search and browse within your collection and across series
- Search within volumes of multi-volume sets
- User interface available in 34 languages
- ReadSpeaker text-to-speech technology in 19 languages
- 24/7 unlimited and simultaneous circulation of your eReference collection
- On-demand machine-aided content translations into 14 languages
Users can cross-search the GVRL eReference collection via Gale PowerSearch as well as other Gale holdings including InfoTrac and specific InContext resources. Try our new Gale Virtual Reference Library today! Contact Courtney Stillwell for our library ID access code.