Madras Band Program
Band Director, Greg Collins
Welcome to the Madras Band Homepage! The band Program at Madras Middle school is dedicated to giving students the opportunity to grow musically, socially, and academically and strives to develop a livelong appreciation for music. Through musical performance, students learn how to perform and appreciate a variety of styles and levels of difficulty. They develop skills that will allow them to truly understand and appreciate the foundation of music as well as the aesthetics.
Band is a year long course and the three year program is designed to foster a basic understanding of music while providing the necessary skills to allow students to continue participation in band through high school. If you have questions about the program, please email band director, Greg Collins.
We hope our page will provide you with timely information and upcoming events throughout the school year. Thanks for visiting!
If you are new to Madras and are interested in enrolling in band, please email the director, Mr. Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org, and print and complete the registration form below and return it to the Madras front office as soon as possible. Mr. Collins will be conducting a band instrument evaluation in the Madras cafeteria on Saturday, May 11 from 9:00 a.m. to noon.
Do's and Don'ts of Purchasing Band Instruments
- Please read this very important information regarding the purchasing of band instruments.
2015 Upcoming Band Events & Concerts
- Spring Concert, May 11, 2015, 7 p.m., Madras Gym
Madras Band Honors
- Festival Band (combined grades), earned a scoring rating of Excellent in the concert position, and Superior (highest score possible) in the sight reading portion
- Seventh grade oboist Christina Pacetti and trumpeter Max Hardin, District Honor Band
- Eighth grade flutist Abbey Mangieri, District Honor Band
- Festival Band (combined grades), unanimous Excellent ratings at District 12 L.G.P.E. in Cobb County
- 8th grade oboist, Anna Hill, placed 1st chair in Middle School All-State Band
- Anna Hill and 8th grade flutist, Molly McKoy, placed in District Honor Band
- 21 Madras students in All-County Honor Band
- 19% of student body involved in band program
- 7th grade band, Superior ratings at Festival
- 8th grade band, Excellent ratings with a Superior in sight reading
- 22 students in Coweta County Honor Band, 6 of whom were first chair positions
- 2 students in District Honor Band.
- Unanimous Superior ratings for both 7th and 8th grade bands at district VI festival (one of only two programs in county to receive unanimous Superior scores from all judges)
- Hosted local solo/ensemble festival, 26 Madras students received Superior ratings
- Continued to maintain roughly 20% of student body in band program
- 12 participants in Coweta County Honor Band
- 6 participants in District Honor Band.
- 8th grade clarinetist Megan Raley made All-State Band
- Highest Excellent score possible made at District VI Festival
- 26 participants in Coweta County Honor Band
- 20% of student body involved in band program