Madras Middle School PTSO
President, Amy Brandon
Treasurer, Heather Thompson
Hospitality, Shannon Stewart
Welcome to Madras! The purpose of our PTSO is to help improve our school by combining the efforts of parents, students, and teachers. We invite you to join PTSO to help make our school a better place to work and learn! Our fundraising efforts have benefited a variety of projects in the past including school building improvements, teacher instructional requests, equipment for the fine arts department, instructional technology purchases, and athletic programs. If you can help volunteer in any of the following areas, please print the form below and indicate in the appropriate section. Return the form to the MMS front office or to your child's homeroom teacher. You will be contacted as the events take place.
Thanks in advance for your support!
Parent Involvement Opportunities
2016-2017 PTSO Membership Form (new form coming soon)
We need members who are interested in chairing a committee during the upcoming school year.
- Chair a Committee or Volunteer for a PTSO Board Position
- School Store: Parents are needed to operate the Eagle School Store Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. Work one morning, two, or more. It's up to you.
- Veterans Day Breakfast (November): Send in breakfast items to feed our Veterans or volunteer to help set up and serve guests
- Diversity Celebration Reception (February): Send in items for the breakfast reception for special guests, or volunteer to help set up and serve.
- School Pictures: Twice a year parents are needed to assist photographers with picture taking. (Takes place during school hours)
- Screenings (Scoliosis,Vision/Hearing): Assist staff members in rotating students through by classes for annual screenings.
- Battle of the Books: Work with media specialist, Karen PItts to assist with school wide literacy program.
- Book Fairs: Volunteers are needed twice a year to assist students with finding books and working the register. Opportunities are available during school hours and after school hours.
- Snack 'n Chat: Volunteer to send in drinks, candy, etc. for our monthly Snack 'n Chats. Volunteers are also needed to work Snack 'n Chats during grade level lunches.
- Teacher Luncheons: Send in food items, paper goods, etc. throughout the year for special teacher appreciation breakfasts, dessert days, and luncheons.
- Media Center: Assist the school's media specialist, Mrs. Pitts with shelving books. Volunteer for one or more days, Monday through Friday from 2:00-3:30.
- Relay for Life: Help fight cancer by volunteering to be part of our Madras Relay for Life team in April/May.
- Career Day/Guest Speaker: Volunteer to be a guest speaker and share your expertise with our students for special units of study or during Career Day!
- Campus Beautification: Got a green thumb? Madras could use your gardening/landscaping skills! Assist with planting seasonal flowers, small trees/shrubbery, or laying pine straw.