Madras Middle School, Home of the Eagles!
A Georgia Distinguished School
2011 GAMSP Effective Middle School Award Recipient
2014-2015 Silver STEM School
"Every Child, Every Chance, Every Day"
Want to be alerted of afternoon bus delays? Sign up for transportation text alerts at: https://www.remind.com/join/mmsgobuses.
Family Connections: Access our reference guide to family connections, and learn how you connect via e-announcements, text reminders, Parent Portal, and social media including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Periscope.
From the Eagles Cafe: May menus vary by school and are manager's choice. You can view the May menus here: May Breakfast Menu and May Lunch Menu Please remember that no meals may be charged beginning May 2nd. Read letter.
Important May Dates
- Spring Choral Concert, Sunday, May 15th, 7:00 p.m.; Centre for Performing and Visual Arts
- Spring Band Concert, Monday, May 16th, Centre for Performing and Visual Arts
- Sixth Grade Honors Program (Recipients will receive invitations.), Thursday, May 19th, 9:00 a.m., Madras Gym
- Seventh Grade Honors Program (Recipients will receive invitations.), Thursday, May 19th, 2:15 p.m., Madras Gym
- Eighth Grade Honors Program (Recipients will receive invitations.), Friday, May 20th, 1:30 p.m., Madras Gym
- Eighth Grade Semiformal Dance, Saturday, May 21st, 6:30-9:00 p.m., Madras (Letter)
- Please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to your child's homeroom teacher if you'd like your child's final report card mailed to your home. Reports cards not mailed may be picked up in our front office beginning summer office hours on June 3rd.
- Make sure to pay all outstanding lunch account balances.
- Return all library books and text books (and pay any fines if applicable).
- Pick up any medication left in our school's clinic. Any medication left after May 27th will be destroyed.
- If your child is missing an item, please make sure he/she checks the school's lost and found before the last day of school. Items will be donated to charity after June 3rd.
- Any lost or collected valuables, including electronics, are locked in the school's vault and should be picked up by May 27th.
Summer Opportunties for Students
- East Coweta Softball Camp (May 31-June 2)
- Boys and Girls Club Summer Program (May 31 - July 22)
- East Coweta High School Step Camp: (June 6-8)
- Middle School NTC Backstage, Theater Production (June 6-July 22; breaks for week of Fourth)
- Newnan/Coweta Boys and Girls Club Teen Center
- Musical Theater Camp (July 11-15 for rising 4th-6th graders)
- Northgate High Soccer Camp (July 13-17)
- Musical Theater Camp (July 18-22 for rising 7th-9th graders)
- Art Camp (July 18-22 for rising 4th-6th graders)
- Newnan High Volleyball Camp for Middle Schoolers (August 2-3)
Summer Mosquito Control:
With spring and summer approaching, please be mindful of important safeguards regarding mosquito control measures from the Center of Disease Control (CDC). View safety measures in English. View safety measures in Spanish.
Congratulations, Bob Lutz, 2016 Madras Teacher of the Year!