Welcome to Moreland Elementary!
Dear Moreland Family,
Thank you so much for allowing me to serve this community as Principal of Moreland Elementary. I am very proud to be the 4th Principal in 53 years of the school's history. What an honor to follow the phenomenal leadership of my personal mentor and dear friend, Mrs. Beverly Yeager.
I am committed to preserving our traditional Moreland values while embracing current educational strategies that make us a unique learning community. This combination will prepare our children to be competitive and successful learners for the future. We pledge to uphold a safe, engaging, and fun learning environment that our students, parents and staff will look forward to being a part of each day.
Moreland Elementary is an exceptional community school that has been the educational setting for multiple generations. Many of our residents share the personal experience of being a Moreland Wildcat with their children and grandchildren. Several faculty members began their education here and have returned to serve as teachers. My family and professional roots are deeply planted here, and I am blessed to have the opportunity to continue to serve for many years to come.
At Moreland Elementary School we pride ourselves on academic excellence. Listed below are our educational achievements as of Spring 2014:
2014 Georgia Family Friendly School
Gold STEM School Recognition
- Title I Distinguished School
- 2008 Governors Gold Award Winner Greatest Gains in Meeting & Exceeding Standards
- Scored 84% with the new College and Career Readiness Performance Index
- 94% of students who met/exceeded on 2014 ELA CRCT
- 95% of students met/exceeded on 2014 Reading CRCT
- 89% of students met/exceeded on 2014 Math CRCT
- 84% of students met/exceeded on 2014 Science CRCT
- 83% of students met/exceeded on 2014 Social Studies CRCT
- Student Attendance Rate is 96%
- Our staff at Moreland is excited about the opening of the 2014 school year and all the new opportunities it will provide. Please do not hesitate to call or email if you should have any questions or concerns.
"Working together to do our best, growing and learning is our quest."
Proud to be Your Principal,