Maggie Brown School was built in 1935. It is a one story brick building with six classrooms. The school was named for Miss Maggie Brown who taught in Coweta County for 50 years.
Maggie Brown school remained a primary school until 1956 when Elm Street was completed. It was empty for several years, but became a kindergarten. After moving the kindergarten classes to neighboring schools, it became offices for the County employees. It has now been beautifully restored to accommodate six classes. It stands tall and proud today as part of Newnan's Historical past.