Open Records Request
Please make all Open Records Requests to Patricia Wilson, Records Retention Specialist at 167 Werz Industrial Drive, Newnan, GA 30263 or to the Office of the Superintendent at 237 Jackson Street, Newnan, GA 30263.
The Coweta County School Records Center provides records management services to our schools and administrative departments. The Records Center provides advisory assistance and training on proper management, utilization, preservations, deposition, and retention of records.
Our goal is to provide access to those requesting records while maintaining those records in a secure environment. The ultimate goal of the department is that all records are managed consistently with the use of the adopted retention schedules and that all legal and regulatory compliance of records are maintained in accordance with Georgia law.
The Records Center is presently providing transcripts and student records for former students of Coweta County. Our records date back to the early 1900’s. The center houses Administrative, Financial, Personnel, Special Education, and Student records.
If you graduated and/or withdrew within the last three years you will need to contact your last school of attendance.
If you are a former Coweta County School student in need of records/transcript(s) you will need to complete the procedures outlined below.
- Download and complete the Records Request form (Adobe PDF format). Be sure to include the student’s name as used at the local school, the date of birth, the name of the last school attended and the year of graduation or withdrawal.
- The student (if student is 18 years of age) or Parent/Guardian (if student is under 18) must sign the form and include their address and phone number. Picture identification must be presented by the person requesting the records.
- Include the contact name and address, telephone number (colleges, work programs, technical schools, etc.) to which the transcript(s) should be mailed and the number of copies to be released. Official transcripts are placed in a sealed envelope and must be specifically requested.
- Government, state, and educational institutions can fax requests.
- The completed request form with picture identification attached can be presented in person or mailed to:
Coweta County School District
Records Retention Specialist
167 Werz Industrial Drive
P.O. Box 280
Newnan, Georgia 30264
(770) 254-2800 ext. # 2087
(770) 254-5568 fax
- A processing fee of $3.00 for each transcript for former students. The processing fee will be waived for any student who has graduated within the last twelve months (up to two copies).
- A processing fee of $5.00 is required from any business or agency requesting educational verification and/or employment verification.
- Please enclose cash, money order, cashier's check or business check made payable to the Coweta County Board of Education. (Personal checks, debit or credit cards will not be accepted.)
- For Immunization records, you will need to contact the medical facility that administered the immunization.
- For copies of Birth Certificates or Social Security Cards, you will need to contact the state agency that produced these original documents (for social security cards http://www.socialsecurity.gov/ ).
The Records Center will have up to 3 business days to respond and/or process a records/transcript(s) request.
Hours of Operation: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Monday – Friday (except holidays)
Directions to the Center:
Werz Industrial Drive is located off the Millard Farmer / 34 West By-Pass.
From Interstate 85 North take exit 47 turn right go to the 3rd traffic light and turn right on Millard Farmer / 34 West By-Pass, turn right on Werz Industrial Drive. Coweta County School System is last building on right.
From Interstate 85 South take exit 47 turn left go to the 4th traffic light and turn right on Millard Farmer / 34 West By-Pass, turn right on Werz Industrial Drive. Coweta County School System is last building on right.