Evans Middle School, Home of the Cougars!
A Title 1 Distinguishd School
2012 GAMSP Effective Middle School Award Recipient
"Excellence in Student Achievement"
Title I Parent Involvement Action Plan
Parent Resource Centers
- Evans Parent Resource Center
- Open Daily 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Located in the conference room in the front office
- Parent Coordinators, Zelda Hines and Brenda Foyle, are available to provide assistance
- CCSS Parent Resource Center
- Open Monday – Friday when Coweta County Schools are in session
- Located at 22 Nimmons Street, Newnan, GA
- Provides services for the residents of Coweta County
- Stepping Stone
- Puddle Jumpers
- Ferst Foundation
- Monday’s Child Parenting Class
- Parenting Resources
- Computer Access to Parents
- Classes for Title I Parents
Parent Nights And Workshops (Tentative Schedule)
- Title I Annual Parent Meeting
- August 21, 2012 at 6:30 pm
- Parents get an overview of Title I and the budget, and parents may give feedback and suggestions or ask questions about the Title I Plan. Parents have an opportunity to meet their students’ teachers and visit their classrooms.
- How To Help My Middle School Student
- September 27, 2012 at 6:00 pm
- Parents will be provided information on topics such as CCGPS, Parent Portal/Grading, managing homework, organization, attendance, and communication.
- Cyber Bullying
- October 2012 @ 6:00 pm
- Parents will be offered advice on how to avoid and deal with cyber bullying.
- Parent/Student Engagement Night: Multi-Cultural Program
- February 5, 2013 @ 6:00 pm
- Parents will be entertained by students performing a multi-cultural program.
- High School Registration and 8th Grade CRCT Night
- March 7, 2013 @ 6:00 pm
- Parents have an opportunity to meet with high school representatives and discuss 9th grade registration. Parents are also provided information about the requirements for meeting standardized testing goals for 8th grade students.
- 5th Grade Night
- May 16, 2013 @ 6:00 pm
- 5th grade parents and students are invited to take a look at what it is like in middle school. This program is designed to prepare students for the transition from 5th grade to 6th grade.
Methods Of Communication With Parents
- Student Agendas
- Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Quarterly School Newsletters
- School Website
- Personal Phone Calls
- Telephone Communications System
- Parent Portal