“Find a Book, Georgia” is a fun and easy way to select books based on a child’s Lexile measure and interests. A Lexile measure is included on the CRCT & GHSGT score reports. You can use this free search tool to build custom book lists for readers at all levels, and then locate your selections at the local public library.
1. GO TO http://www.lexile.com/fab/ga
2. ENTERthe child’s Lexile measure* (from CRCT score report)
3. SELECTthe child’s interest categories
4. VIEW AND REFINEthe search results
As you browse books that the child finds interesting, click the “Find in a Library” button next to the book title to check its availability at your local public library.
5. PRINTthe child’s custom reading list
*A Lexile measure is a measure of text complexity only. It does not address the subject matter or text quality, age-appropriateness of the content or a reader’s interests. The Lexile measure is one piece of information that you can use when selecting books.