A compact is a commitment between Eastside and Community Stakeholders (parents, students and family members) to share responsibility and enter into a partnership to improve student achievement and the prospects for college and career readiness.
Eastside is proud to announce that our school climate rating for 2016 is five out of five stars!
School climate refers to the quality and character of school life and the culture of a school. A sustainable, positive school climate fosters youth development and student learning, which are essential elements for academic success, career-skill improvement and overall quality of life. The School Climate Star Rating helps determine whether a school is on the right path to school improvement.
Each school in Georgia received a 1-5 star ratings, with five stars representing an excellent school climate, and one star representing a school climate most in need of improvement. School Climate Star Ratings are an informational tool for schools, administrators, and parents.
The purpose of Title One is to ensure that all children have a fair, equal, and significant opportunity to obtain a high-quality education and reach, at a minimum, proficiency on challenging state academic achievement standards and state academic assessments.
- Kindergarten School-Parent Compact
- 1st Grade School-Parent Compact
- 2nd Grade School-Parent Compact
- 3rd Grade School-Parent Compact
- 4th Grade School-Parent Compact
- 5th Grade School-Parent Compact
Our Visionary Mission and Beliefs
Our mission is to establish a strong foundation for lifelong learning by nurturing, guiding, and challenging all of our students to become Caring, Productive, and Responsible citizens.
- We believe students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning.
- We believe high expectations increase individual student performance.
- We believe each student is a valid individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
- We believe a student's self-concept is enhanced by positive relationsips and mutual respect among and between students and staff.
- All students learn best while actively participating in an environment which is physically safe and intellectually challenging.