EMAIL HELP PAGE
How to set your default email client in your browser so the "mailto" links on our faculty & staff page will work for you.
- Start Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- Click the Programs tab.
- In the E-mail box and in the Newsgroups box, click the program you want.
- Click OK.
- At the top of the Firefox menu bar, click on the Tools and select Options then Preferences.
- Select the Applications panel.
- Search for the Content-type: mailto and select it.
- Click on the Actions column in the mailto row, to change the action.
Don't want to use Outlook, Outlook Express, or other software for your email? Here are some instructions for the more popular webmail services.
Download and install the free Gmail notifier at http://toolbar.google.com/gmail-helper/ . In Windows, right-click the Notifier icon in your system tray, and select 'Options.' Then check the box next to 'Use Gmail for internet mailto: links' and click 'OK.'
Firefox 3 (No option for FF2)
Go to Yahoo Mail and select "options". Then select "Set Y! Mail as default webmail".
This will only work for mailto links within Firefox.
It can also be done by going to tools > options > applications. Scroll down to MAILTO and select Yahoo Mail from the dropdown menu.
You must first download Yahoo! Toolbar from http://us.toolbar.yahoo.com/ and install it. During installation you will be asked if you want to make yahoo mail your default email.