CHARACTER WORD OF THE MONTH: Thankful
*****If you are new to the area or have a kindergartner starting school, please view this form about how to register your child in the Coweta Couty School System.
Chromebooks are available for students 3 - 5. Please complete the parent permission after reviewing the handbook here.
Coweta County schools would like your input. Please complete this Parent and Family Engagement survey: https://www.
We are looking forward to our Fall Program on Monday, November 12, 2018 at 6:30 pm. In preparation for this program, which will celebrate our Veterans, we are asking our Atkinson families to submit photos of veterans so that we can share them in a slide show. I will accept pictures of active and retired military family members of our current Atkinson families (any students or staff). If you or a student would like to submit a picture, please email to Valerie Hughes:
- Student's first and last name (or teacher’s name)
- Military person's name, branch and title if desired
- How they are related to the Atkinson student or teacher (or what the student calls them, "Uncle Bill, Gramps, etc.")
The deadline for submissions will be Friday, October 19, 2018.
THIS WEEK AT ATKINSON
- November 12th - 16th - Book Fair
- 11/12 Mythical Creature
- 11/13 - Wear red and white polka dots
- 11/14 - Mismatch day, including hats
- 11/15 - Pajama Day
- 11/16 - Wear green
- November 12 - Veteran's Day program at 6:00
- November 15th - Grandparent's luncheon for k - 2
- November 15th - Literacy Night
- November 16th - Grandparent's luncheon for 3 - 5
Congratulations! We made our goal!
Scheduled Family and Community Volunteer Training Dates
January - April (as needed)
Atkinson is proud to put reading achievement at the forefront. We use two programs to assist our students in their progress. They are able to practice utilizing RAZ Kids. All students have been given a RAZ Kids username and passcode. Please contact your child's teacher for more information. More information to come about our new Reading program.
Together we unlock our full potential using education as the key.
We ensure the success of each student.
Atkinson Elementary believes in…
Respect for stakeholders.
Organization of the learning environment.
Attitudes that are positive.
Responsibility demonstrated in actions and behaviors.
Safety as a priority—academically,emotionally, and physically.
For text message updates please join our AESinfo group.
Like us on Facebook
Atkinson Elementary PTO